You've reached the new home for Jay Rose's “dplay.com” articles and tutorials!
Advertising in the Year 2000
Audio spoof on a typical advertising voice-over session, produced in 1981!
Originally written by Jay Rose as an article for Backstage Magazine, and then produced by him just for the heck of it.
Contains reference to the famous Orson Welles frozen-food session, which you might want to listen to first.
Cast (in order of appearance):
© 1981 Jay Rose; may be reproduced and distributed for free if material remains whole and copyright notice remains intact.
- Bob Colonna - one of the most versatile and talented actor/director/writers I know
- Jay Rose - me
- Clara Werse - (aka Clair Marlo) well-known composer/musician/producer, then a new Berklee graduate and studio secretary
- Blaine Parker - Advertising agency principal and former LA creative director, then a [lowly] intern
- Carla Rose - Thirty-five of the best years of my life
- Lanie Zera - brilliant New York actress and improv; currently building "Museum of American Humor"
- Ray Welch - Late and much missed advertising genius; he also directed the session
Want to learn how to produce pieces that sound like this?
This file will stream and self-play after a few seconds, if you have an mp3 player installed in your browser. Or you can download the file and play it offline with most MP3 players.
To download with most browsers, right-click (Win) or Ctrl-click (Mac) on the link, and select "download" or "save".
After you listen...